Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Mayor's Love for Postage Ephemera

The Mayor's Love for Letters and Stamps: A Project Gallery
My husband collected stamps while I collected vintage postcards, as well as family letters and autograph books. Since all items were of some value - monetary or nostalgic - I created my own collages first from some of these items and then scanned them for projects.

I still have that French love for decoupage (and that 1970s love affair with it), so most of my projects are "decoupages" from those scanned collages that I print on card stock from my computer. Remember that United States postage stamps are in the public domain if issued before December 31, 1978. You can also use original ephemera or scrapbook paper; however, the weight of these items may not survive the decoupage process well.

Here are a few of my projects with postage stamps.


Paper Mache Houses with Vintage Photos, Stamps, Postcards, and Pharmacy Labels



Vintage Stamps Made into a Collage for a Handbag


Antique Hawaiian Postcards with Stamps