Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Traveling Shoes

Since April I have worn a variety of traveling shoes to many wonderful places. The last trip was a pilgrimage, a last request of my late husband. Traveling back to locations we loved to visit as a family, I can best describe the sites, as did John Muir, "where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul alike."

The 2070 mile road trip from Phoenix, Arizona, to Grand Rapids, South Dakota was exactly what I needed to fulfill his wishes. As a Marriott Vacation Club owner, I was able to trade for this trip through Collette. The adventure began in in June with my youngest daughter: Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona; Bryce National Park, Zion National Park, and Salt Lake City in Utah; Jackson Hole, Grand Tetons National Park, and Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming; and Cody, Sheridan, and Keystone in South Dakota.

We met wonderful people on the trip, as well as along the way. The tour was thorough, informational, fun, and safe. My daughter and I spent twelve days of laughing, crying, photographing, and sharing. 


All created wonderful memories for us both, as well as for the close loved ones who knew and understood our journey. Thanks to you all! Enjoy my video made from my photographs.


[Song Credit: "He Walks with the Wild and the Lonely," by the Bar-J Wranglers, P.O. Box 220, Wilson, WY 83014; (307) 733-3370]